Monday, February 27, 2006

Moving on...

Phew. I'm all Olympic'd out. I watched the closing ceremonies, hoping they'd be better than the opening ceremonies. (Why do they call them ceremonies... isn't it just one great big ceremony??). But the closing was just as drawn-out and needlessly detailed as the opening.

I've heard comments about how "amazing" the shows were, but I think people who say that didn't actually watch, and want to appear as though they watched, so they say how "amazing" it was.

Me? I found both to be infested with the smallest of details that just don't work on such a large scale. I mean, the attention given to a single person's costume and make-up seemed ridiculous. All those people milling around, acting out little scenes and plays like it was a Theatre in the Park festival. Ugh... please. make. it. go. faster.

A couple of things truly were amazing, though... like the group of people moving together to act out the motions of a ski jumper on the stadium floor during the opening, and the dudes flinging themselves into an upward jetstream to float around like doves during the closing. Now that was cool.

Oh, and how stupid does Ricky Martin feel today? He's the only performer who lip-sync'd, and got nabbed on camera by forgetting to bring the mic back up to his mouth. Then, realizing 1/2-way through the lyric that he should be singing, he moved so fast to bring the mic to his mouth that he nearly rammed it up his nose. (Was he surprised there were lyrics at that moment? He sure looked surprised.)

Now that Torino has passed, I can turn my attention to more important things. Like American Idol, for instance. We've already given the boot to 4 contestants, and I haven't had a chance to come here and laugh at them yet! (dammit) I won't let another 4 slip past. At least there's always Paula...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home