Thursday, November 16, 2006

Open letter to stupid vegans

Dear stupid vegan,

No, I'm not calling all vegans stupid. I'm writing to the vegans who are stupid. And that means you.

If I hear you say one more time that an egg is like a chicken abortion, I will slap you, and then I will kick your ass. The slap is because you're stupid. The ass-kicking is because your ignorance annoys me.

The eggs that are sold for consumption are not fertilized. Idiot. They are not "unborn baby chickens". They are just eggs. Eggs that are layed, whether or not they are fertilized. You know... kind of like a chicken "period".

Now... get out of my face. My omelette's ready.

Thanks!

Berry



5 Comments:

Blogger Just Spence said...

you make a good point, i think "chicken period" is an unfortunate simile...

November 16, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What am I going to have with my bacon?
You put me right off the eggs. puke......ralf

November 16, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger EtoileVineta said...

There are far more arguments against eating eggs than this one, which, honestly, seems to be one of the weakest. I agree with you: it's an unfertilized chicken egg, not a baby chicken. However, my arguments against eating eggs range from the amount of pesticides, steroids, antibiotics, etc. that pass from the hen to its potential offspring to the absolutely nauseating cruelty perpetrated on chicken and egg farms. Mostly? I don't want to eat poison with a good dose of cholesterol on top. Otherwise? Chicken and egg farms are disgusting. I refuse to support that shit.

So, yes, the "baby chicken omg!" egg is just as worthless as the argument that every woman's period is a wasted, murdered potential baby. (Overpopulation and starvation much?) However, there are almost always more than one argument for a lifestyle decision. Unless you're just really, really arrogant. ;)

June 22, 2009 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Frank said...

Actually, eggs are good for you. Any cholesterol is counter balanced by the lecithin. And who gives a hit how cruel they are to the chickens? I sure don't.

January 05, 2011 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not about the eggs. It's about the milions of harmless chickens being forced into holding pens with so many chikens in them that the chkens can hredley move. That is hell. Why would you do that to someone. If ou say chikens are somehow lesser to us that is ignorant and selfish. Why can't people just think of others before doing cruel things?

July 19, 2011 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home