Friday, August 25, 2006

What if I told you...

... that minutes before leaving for the airport, MIL overpowered me and locked me in the shed?!

And then...

Days later, starved and desperate to see the voting results for Rock Star: Supernova, I remembered a McGyver episode in which our hero breaks out of a locked shed using the thread from his shirt button, a tiger's tooth, frogs' legs, Kabbalah water, and chewing gum.

But I didn't have any of these things handy, so I just waited for Main Man to figure out where I was.

But anyway, that's not the point...

If I told you that this is what happened, would you believe me? Would it sound like an exciting enough reason for me to be so delinquent with posting?

(sigh)... Truth is, this has been Step-Son's last week with us (he leaves Saturday a.m.). We've been cramming every activity we had planned for the summer but never got around to doing into these last few days.

Today feels weird. It will be eerily quiet around here tomorrow.


2 Comments:

Blogger Just Spence said...

well, i'm pretty sure that it was a lion's tooth, but whatever.

August 25, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

That's a pretty damned good reason for not posting. You will find the quiet disquieting but soon you'll be regaling us with new adventures again.

August 25, 2006 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home