Saturday, October 21, 2006

Let me off!

I caught the last half of some travel show this weekend. They were showcasing the different theme parks across Europe. Many of these were home to some of the most amazing thrill rides I've ever seen.

Truth is, I'm terribly envious of folks who get to ride on these things. You know... without puking. Their faces are lit up with exhilaration; their arms are up in the air; they're screaming and laughing... having the time of their life.

Me? I could barely watch the ride clips they were showing on TV without getting nauseous. Mind you, I'm absolutely cool with regular rollercoasters... the old-fashioned ones that take you up and down and around sudden corners. But the minute we start dealing with upside-downedness and g-forces, I'm out of the game.

Yep. I'm the official purse and water bottle holder. I'm the one who stays behind and minds the littler kids while the others get their adrenaline fix. I'd LOVE to be able to strap myself into that seat and get my kicks like everyone else. But I also once said, "Why yes... I'd LOVE to try that little Mexican restaurant that nobody goes to!"... and that didn't work out for me much either.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I'm the biggest rollercoaster junkie. My dream job woould be to travel from park to park, writing about the latest and greatest stomach turners out there.

Have you tried dropping a dramamine before you head out? It works for some people!

October 24, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Ack! I love rollercoasters and would try any one. Blog Portland? Let's go.

October 24, 2006 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home