Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm just gonna go ahead and recite this...

(ring-ring)

"Thank you for calling (an online golf store). This is Amy, how can I help you?"

"Hi Amy. I'm calling about an order I placed today. It appears the item is now out of stock. Can I change it to something else so it can ship quickly?"

"Sure. Let me go ahead and look at your order. Do you have the order number?"

"Yeah, it's blah-blah-blah."

"Thanks, lemme just go ahead and bring that up. (tippity-tap... pause....) Okay, here we go."

(I proceed to tell her what I want instead)

"Okay, I'm just gonna go ahead and change that for you right now. (tippity-tap... pause... tippity-tap... pause...) I see you've ordered from us before. Did you want to use your discount code from your last purchase?"

(Discount code? Yes, of course!)

"Okay, I'm just gonna go ahead and plug that in for you. I see we're using a different ship-to address this time. Do you want this to be a permanent change in your account?"

(Yeah, whatever. Lemme guess, you're gonna go ahead and...)

"Okay, I'm just gonna go ahead and change that for you right now. Will there be anything else I can do for you Ms. Berry?"

(No, but I'm guessing you're about to say that your gonna go ahead and...)

"Okay, I'm just gonna go ahead and put your order through right away. It should ship tomorrow."

"Thanks, Amy. You go ahead and enjoy the rest of your day."

"Uh... thank you. And thank you for shopping with (an online golf store)."

True story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home