Tuesday, March 28, 2006

American Idol - 10

What a boring night. First of all, we got Sober Paula tonight, and she's just no fun to pick on when she isn't high. She enunciates her words, both her eyes are open at the same time, and she makes sense. Really though, what's the point?

Everyone looked like an amateur tonight. My take:

Lisa: Better than she's been lately. I don't know the original tune, but I bet Kelly Clarkson's version is way better and made Lisa look not so good. She took the judges' criticism well, considering her age and the fact that it was probably her last night to perform.

Kellie with an "ie": Sorry... soon as I heard a fiddle, I could not turn the volume down fast enough. I have no idea what she ended up sounding like, but I had plenty of time to study her face. Something's wrong with it tonight.... is it swollen? Different make-up?

Ace: He was doing okay vocally for a little bit, and then he pulled out the cheesiness card and tugged his shirt open. Very much an eye-rolling moment. Oh wait, it turns out he was trying to show the audience an actual "scar" on his chest to coincide with the lyrics. That's a double-cheesburger, I believe... with extra cheese.

Taylor: Volume UP!! Goddamn I love this guy! Randy's an idiot for thinking this wasn't good. Paula hit the nail on the head with her comment about Taylor doing the right thing by standing in one place and just singing tonight. It startled me for a moment (I'm always startled when she makes sense), but I agree with her. I LOVE his usual whacky moves, but just standing there might have earned him some new fans.

Mandisa: Gospel?? Uh-oh. Careful, girl. I think you just pigeon-holed yourself.

Chris: Didn't work for me. I love this song, but I think he roughed it up too much. He doesn't have the voice to pull off Creed. And the flashy lights are distracting... made the whole performance look overdone.

Katharine: Is this a joke? She's all over the place! It's as though she can't find the right key, and she's almost yodelling her way through this song. She looked great, though. Less like a slut. The judges thought she did well. Well, we know who they're pulling for.

Bucky: There goes my mute button again. Is he doing a one-legged twist? I hope he goes instead of Lisa tomorrow.

Paris: I can see what she intended to do here, but the band is actually not "loud" enough. They sound underwhelming. She's the only one who showed any energy tonight, but it's a little over the top; too mature for her, maybe? The moves are distracting... not sexy at all, but almost disturbing, like seeing Jon Bonet made up like a Playmate. I liked her better when she was cute.

Elliott: Love it!! Lots of energy, great song, great voice. I'm not crazy about the gangsta-wannabe moves, though. They don't suit him at all. But I like Elliott, so I'll overlook them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so look forward to your posts regarding AI. You make me laugh hysterically and I have to say, everything you type is exactly how I feel.

Last nights show STUNK. I really hope that Lisa or Kellie goes... I so can't stand her ignorance.

March 29, 2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Well Michelle, that's one down! Next week's theme is Country. I have no idea how I will make it through that...

March 30, 2006 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

elliott...was like fievel gone bad. that, or he had to pee. it was unclear.

they all sucked ducks. who the hell sings suds in a bucket when you're on AI? who!! picklehead.

chris was an uber let down. I'm a huge taylor fan. but he needs to stay true to his quirky dressing self. screw the public.

March 30, 2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Okay so I finally watched it last night (LOVE TiVo) and I have to agree with you big time.

Lisa deserved to go because she messed the song up.

Katherine bored me

Ace bored me, although he didn't sound that bad but NOT that good either.

Bucky WHEN THE HELL WILL HE GO AWAY

Kelly, oh girl I DID listen to it and if she doesn't go soon I may have to hire a hit man. She sang soap suds in a bucket. Dear god kill me now.

I LOVE TAYLOR, I LOVE TAYLOR. I loved that he stood still and I loved hearing his voice. DID I mention I LOVE TAYLOR!

Chris, I hate to say it. BORED me. I really want him to change it up a bit. Most bands will do soft, up beat, hard. I need to see some change cause I yawned and that's sad.

Mandisa can only hit the high notes, she sounds terrible when she sings normally, she sounds like she's talking. I think Mary Mary's version was MUCH better.

Elliot, yeah it was good. I've heard him sing better. Oh I did like the harsher voice he used a time or two. I liked it but the moves. Yeah. Not so much.

Completely agree with the PARIS comment. The band was pathetic and that song needed more. She has a good voice though.

Let's see next week...

March 31, 2006 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home