Monday, October 30, 2006

What's your emergency song?

I was driving home for lunch today, and a song came on that I hadn't heard or thought about in about 25 years.

I recognized it from the very first note, and before I realized what was happening, I discovered I was singing along with it... perfectly. I remembered all the words exactly... even the special little nuances of the singer's voice as he sang them. I remembered every guitar chord, every drum beat. Every. single. little. detail.

It was Styx's "Crystal Ball".

I now understand what was happening. I had discovered the importance of... The Emergency Song.

This is a song that can be relied on for emergency purposes. Imagine, for example, that you've fallen into a deep coma, and no medical intervention appears to be helping. Have someone play your Emergency Song, and see if it helps bring you back.

It can also be used in cases of amnesia. Or to help identify the real you, in the case of identity theft. Its use is limitless, and dare I say... priceless.

It's time you named your Emergency Song. It may save your life one day.

Tell me, tell me
Where I'm goin'
I don't know where I've been
And tell me, tell me
Won't you tell me
And then tell me again
My heart is breaking,
and my body's aching
I don't know where to go
So tell me, tell me
Won't you tell me
I've just got to know

3 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

That's a great concept Berry, the emergency song. I'm sure I've got a few of them.

October 31, 2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Oh no-- I have to admit to liking that song. I hate Styx in general (I could never get over the fact that they were just a bunch of guys playing a gig at my high school), but I love that one. Last album before they broke big.

I think my emergency song is Interstate Love Song, by the Stone Temple Pilots.

November 01, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger Berry said...

Ooooh, excellent choice, Johnny!

November 01, 2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home