Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I am beside myself...

... or at least it feels that way.

For an entire week now, I've been dealing with bouts of severe vertigo. My right inner ear is on crack and if I change positions too quickly, it freaks the fuck out and takes me along for the ride.

It is the most frustrating (and I admit it... at times frightening) thing on earth. When it happens, I literally cannot tell which way is up. So straightening myself out proves to be an impossible challenge. I've had this before, but it only lasted a few days. Now that it's been a whole week, I decided to see a doctor.

Only, thanks to socialized medicine, it is impossible to actually get to see a doctor without waiting an eternity in a crowded clinic with dozens of people offering to share their flu. Seriously... I'm considering driving across the border and paying cash to see a private doc in Vermont. The drive would still be shorter than the wait by several hours, and at this point I will pay with my own blood if it will make the world stop spinning!

So yeah... add this little problem to the busiest season at work plus holiday preparations, and that's my excuse for the lack of posts.

I will try to be more diligent, but please... no sudden movements!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD! Did you see my post about the vertigo I'm also suffering from?!

I'm waiting for my next regular baby appointment on Tuesday.

I'm holding your hand and feeling your pain.

December 12, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Holy crap!! Did it go away? Oh Tanya... say it went away!

December 12, 2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger Just Spence said...

and there are people who PAY to get those symptoms.....

December 13, 2006 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my vertigo did finally go away...I think I got an infection from my 3 year old niece. She had both ears infected and because I can't stop slobbering all over her I got the infection too, and it reacted in me as the vertigo.

I was talking to different people about it and it seems to be the thing to have lately. My friend Joyce gets it a couple of times a year, my dude who was doing our waterproofing had it for just over a year...we're so trendy!

December 20, 2006 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home