Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The African Queen of Overbites

I watched The African Queen last night. I've seen it many times before, and I always notice something new every time I view it.

Last night, I was completely distracted by Bogart's immense overbite. And then for the first time in my history of viewing Hepburn films, I ignored the mountainous cheekbones and was also drawn to her overbite.

I suppose my fascination could have been caused by the fact that I ended up at my dentist's chair yesterday afternoon, whining about a recurring pain I've been getting in my jaw joint. It was bothering me a lot yesterday, so I guess I just had teeth on the brain while watching the movie.

But still... there's no denying those overbites.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freaky! DH was just commenting on this. He had just watched an old film and mentioned that the actors had "real" smiles. Wonder how George Clooney would look without modern cosmetic dentistry?

December 06, 2006 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home