Tuesday, March 20, 2007

American Idol - 11 bottles of beer on the wall

British Invasion night. This could go either way. Let's see...

Haley: Get the hell up off the stairs. This isn't a sit-down song. That's better. Oh, I see. Um... get yourself an underwire bra, too. Yikes, she's putting a little too much "sexy" out there. Jesus Christ, she almost gave the front row a lap dance! Oh my god, it's getting worse. She's doing boobie shakes! The judges are saying things like "girlish quality" and "young, fun". WTF???

The Other Chris: Yeah, I'm tired of the whole boy-band, nuts-in-a-vise alto thing, but I suppose he's very "now", and all the tweens are loving him, so I'm sure he's in it for the long haul (kind of like this sentence). That, and he's got those eyes. And that smile. And those eyes. And that height. And that smile.

Stephanie: You know, she's performing this perfectly - it's looking authentic. She doesn't have the best voice, but when she sings the words "believe me", I do. Aw, look... she's taking the judges' negative criticism like a champ. Again, I'm SO impressed with her maturity for her 19 years.

Beatbox Blake: Wow! Great voice control. It's weird... he's sexy one minute, and then suddnely, he's this geek in plaid pants doing the robot dance. I must say, though... awesome voice. There's a little Sting quality to it. And hey, he even looks like him a bit.

Laki(ki)sha: Bravo, Kiki. Bravo. God damn. Bra-freakin-VO, girl! Simon didn't like it because he can't make candy-pop albums out of that performance. But you, girl, will make zillions with that voice!

Phil: Hey... is that stubble on his head? Good, good. It tames the shine. It's certainly a lively performance, but I'm not digging it. It's, I dunno.... "messy". He's in severe danger tomorrow.

Jordin: Uh-oh... I'm nervous about this one. This is not usually a good tempo for her. Well, well.... she's making it work. Holy cow! She's REALLY making it work! Well-emoted, too. She doesn't have the maturity of Stephanie, though, and her tweenish, speedy "Like, omigod!" way of talking is annoying.

Sanjaya: Is everyone else as uncomfortable as me? Please make it stop. He's scaring that little girl.

Goth Gina: This is not working. At all.

Fluffy Chris: Ooooh, perfect song for his voice! I SO love to hear him sing. It's a very "clean" tone. I didn't like the dance move attempts, but really liked this performance in general.

Melinda: I'm a little bored with the song, but I could listen to that voice for days.



Tonight's nod goes to Ashley, the little crying girl. And to her future therapist.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I need therapy after seeing little Ashley's crumpled face so very often.

March 21, 2007 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ~ Sanjaya scares me too, I actually took the time to take a potty run when it was his turn, can't even watch that!

marie

March 21, 2007 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home