Wednesday, March 07, 2007

American Idol - The Boys, week 3

Thank god this was only an hour. Aren't there any good songs on the list they can choose from?? I'm having difficulty writing these things without complaining through the entire thing.

That said, here goes:

Beatbox Blake: Well, you've done it now. You started to prove a couple of weeks ago that you could sing other types of stuff and that you actually had a really great voice, but now you've gone and pigeon-holed yourself. What IS that song, anyway? I thought maybe it was a Sublime tune, but turns out it's not. Not my thing, but this style does come naturally to him.

Sanjaya: Awwww. Such a pretty girl. God this is sucking. He's annoyingly gentle. Everything he does is done gingerly... the tone and loudness of his singing; his movements; even his blinking! Oh, here we go... the old Paula is resurfacing. Her speech is completely aimless. Yay! Simon's turn; he's really showing his homophobic stripes here.

Sundance the garden gnome: Pearl Jam?? On Idol?? I so loved this album when it came out. But he's really crucifying this.

The Other Chris: This guy's a cutie pie. I'm bored with the song, and his voice grates on me a bit, but I'm enjoying watching him.

Jared: What? An exceptionally tall black guy who plays basketball? No way!! Someone else sang this a few weeks ago.... Sanjaya, maybe? I don't like his voice nor his stage presence, but he seems like a nice enough guy.

Background Brandon: Um, the world already has a Lenny Kravitz, dude. And he does that thing way better than you. You know, this guy's really coming off as completely phony now. That smile has "forced" written all over it.

Phil: Oh no! Fugly hat! Fugly hat! He started off hilariously on the wrong note (wtf happened there? LOL), but redeemed himself later in the song. Seriously, though. Is this the only hat you could find?? Whoa. It's more distracting in its fugliness and ill-fitting-ness than your shiny head.

Fluffy Chris: Okay, Chris. I'm counting on you to help me stop sounding like a miserable hag. Hmmmm... sounding pretty good. Yep, best singer by far. Really love this guy's voice. Okay song, I guess. Um, but what's with the request for a hug from Ryan? That's just weird.

I hope the girls are more inspiring tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home