Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Why the long face?

There's an apple orchard on the way to the golf course. There's a barn on the property, too, and three animals in a pen on the side of the road that include two cows and a horse.

I call the horse Lonely Horse, and I wave at him every time I drive by.

I figure he must be lonely, seeing as he's the only horse there. And the two cows act like stuck-up bitches and hang out at the other end of the pen, as far away from Lonely Horse as possible. It's so cliquey of them. I hate to see that.

I saw them again this afternoon, and it suddenly dawned on me: The cows know he's not a cow... but he doesn't.

See, each cow can look at the horse and then look at the other cow, and clearly see the difference. They have something to compare him to.

But Lonely Horse? He looks at one cow, and sees a cow. Then he looks at the other, and, well... sees another cow. So he has no idea he's different. How weird that must be.

I'd love to help him out, but you know what they say: You can lead a horse to a mirror, yadda yadda...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home