Thursday, September 14, 2006

Weird degrees of separation...

Okay, so there are a couple of recent dramatic events that have touched me in a weird way.

First, let's start with the unbelievable crap that went down in Montreal yesterday. I know this particular area of the city very, very well. I could see the apartment where I used to live, as I watched the drama unfold on live TV. I know folks who have kids at Dawson College. This is, of course, all anyone is talking about around here today.

Secondly, I've been keeping an eye on the Anna-Nicole Smith drama as well. Without offering too many details here (in the interest of keeping some anonymity), I will explain: I spent most of my adult life in Nassau. So has Main Man (it's where we met, and it's where Step Son lives). I know that private hospital very well; her ob/gyn was my ob/gyn. Her current local lawyer is an acquaintance of mine, and interestingly, he too lost his 17-yr-old son tragically a few years ago.

Anyway, all of this puts me in a funky mood today. I actually have quite a few humourous things I'd love to say about Anna-Nicole... like, for example, the fact that we shared a gynie makes me want to take a shower; a lot... but I figure she's taking quite a beating right now, so...

On a bright note, way to go Lukas Rossi!!!

p.s. - I have not forgotten about my promised animal-related adventure story... I just need for Main Man's car to stay parked in the driveway long enough for me to take a few pictures first. I'll bet you're intrigued now...!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

It's been a crazy few days. The Montreal thing is just so horrifying. So is Anna Nicole but in a different way.

September 14, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Just Spence said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 15, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Just Spence said...

i would like to take this chance to say that i have already heard the animal adventure story; from Main Man himself. IN YO FACE OTHER READAZ!!!

September 15, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Berry said...

Okay Dude... the adventure post is up now, so you might want to check out the REAL story, as it actually happened.

September 15, 2006 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home