Friday, December 15, 2006

Up 'side the head...

If only I had known it would be so simple, I wouldn't have suffered for eleventeen days.

Last night, desperate to see a doc to get over this vertigo, I came up with a plan to beat the crowds in the walk-in clinics. I got up at 4am, had some breakfast, took a shower, and then went and parked myself in the empty hospital emergency room.

The timing was perfect; there wasn't a single other patient there. The place looked like the morning after a New Year's Eve party, though. All kinds of trash on the floor, chairs all over the place... it must have been a busy night.

Still, I was the only one there this morning. Ha! You HAVE to see me now, suckas!

And so they did.

I 'splained to the doc what was going on, and then looked into her eyes and said, "Fix me."

And so she did.

Turns out I had some particles floating around in my inner ear canals that don't belong there, and they were making my gravity sensors crazy. The only way to get them the hell out of where they don't belong, was to contort my head into a series of angles and positions to guide them out the gate. Sort of like one of those little plastic games that you have to lean gingerly one way, and then the other, to guide a little ball through a labyrinth.

It was uncomfortable and I hated every second of it (I had to deliberately induce the vertigo, over and over again), but IT WORKED!

I'll need to do it a couple more times to take care of any particle stragglers, but I am basically on steadier grounds now. And it feels awesome!!

So... what'd I miss?

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Spence said...

society collapsed and was rebuilt in my image... other than that, nothin' much.

December 15, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Oh good. As long as it was nothing important.

December 15, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

You missed Tanya not responding to your question about her vertigo. Slacker Tanya.

December 15, 2006 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so then...you haven't won the game yet?

December 17, 2006 1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that Dale is such a bossy bossypants! Berry I'm so glad you're feeling better! And it was good at least that the doctors had something for you to do for it and not just tell you to ride it out.

Now I have a cold instead, but that's not as bad as that vertigo. Hey, do you think I gave you the vertigo? I hope you don't get my cold!

December 20, 2006 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home