Friday, January 26, 2007

I love ya, tomorrow

I hear all the time that we should live for today; live in the now; stay in the present.

I get that, but I'm afraid it just doesn't work for me. I've tried to adopt this philosophy, and you know what I got out of it? Stress and anxiety, that's what.

Thinking about the future doesn't make me ignore the present. On the contrary. I am comforted by the future. Thinking about the future gives me the green light to enjoy today. It allows me to put off until later. If I was to list everything I'd like to get done today, I'd freak out. The projects I have in mind are overwhelming only if I try to squeeze them all into The Now.

Fuck that. I'm a way bigger fan of The Later. Especially on a day like today, when it's -20 outside, and Spring is..... well, later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Dave said...

The sun will come out
tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar, etc.

Procrastinators of the world, unite...someday.

January 27, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Just beware the past... unless you're looking upon it fondly.

January 29, 2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home