Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Two fifteen

A coworker and I were exchanging some school-time stories earlier today, and it made me remember the very first embarrassing moment I've ever had in high school.

Early in my first year; sitting in geometry class; insanely cute boy sitting at the desk next to me. I'm not paying attention to the teacher, because I'm focused on the insanely cute boy. I hear the teacher ask out loud, "Berry, what time is it?"

I'm startled back to reality, glance at my watch, and proudly announce "2:15".

I hear a few snickers, and the whole class continues to look in my direction. I look at my watch again, just to double-check. Yep. It's 2:15 alright. So why is everyone still looking at me and smiling?

"Berry," the teachers says, "what kind is it?"

I'm now utterly confused, and my face shows it. More snickers and giggles.

I look past the teacher towards the blackboard, and my face turns beet red. He's asking me to name the geometric form he has illustrated on the board. It's not anything like a 2:15, it turns out.

The teacher runs out of patience and asks someone else. The classroom's attention is no longer on me, and I glance over at the insanely cute boy, only to find him rolling his eyes and shaking his head.... sharing a moment with the insanely cute girl in the seat behind him.

(sigh) I've always hated math class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home