Tuesday, February 27, 2007

American Idol - The Boys, week 2

Tonight left me quite uninspired. And when I'm uninspired to pick apart an American Idol performance, you know it's bad.

Still, here goes:

Bald Phil: Good voice, but bleh stage presence. Okay, truth is, I'm still so damned distracted by that shiny head. Still, as I listen to him sing, I realize he really, really does have a good voice. But my god what a bleh song. I'm bored.

Jared: Hmmm. Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On". Is he even trying to be smooth? Really? Is that what that is? Because it's coming off as cheesy. Nothing original here. It's not feeling like an authentic performance. I'm bored again.

A.J.: His heroes are his parents (yawn). Oh wait... here we go... now he's got some smooth moves. This is looking like an authentic performance. I'm not crazy about his voice, but it's good, I guess. Yeah, he's good. I'm liking the kid this week.

Sanjaya: Pwaaaaaah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! Okay, seriously now. He's singing a song that - PWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-HAHA-HA-HA-HA-HA...... oh... stop.... HAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA.... So sorry. I need to get a grip here. It's just that he's wearing this hat that looks, well..... HAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Oh no!!! He's doing miniature hip shakes... STOP IT! Hah-haha-ha-ha-ha!!

Fluffy Chris: W.O.W.... I've got goosebumps. Amazing. Brilliant.

Rerun Nick: You know, this boy needs to be singing jazz. I wanna hear him sing My Funny Valentine. He'd kill at that.

Beatbox Blake: What's with the silly hats tonight?? He's very entertaining tonight. First one to work the crowd a bit. I'm enjoying this.

Background Brandon: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Other Chris: A weak start, but he picked up some energy along the way. This kid's very "now". And you know, now that I think about it, he's cuter and more well-spoken by the week. He's still coming off as a very likable guy, and he really does have a very good voice.

Sundance: Okay. He's back in the saddle. But I don't think he could keep that voice going for a 90 minute concert. No way.

My fave tonight was Fluffy Chris, hands down. I'm looking forward to hearing his voice for many, many weeks to come. And if they could keep Sanjaya around for comedic purposes, I would really appreciate that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Yawn. Seriously. Where's the charisma? I liked fluffy and beatbox tonight. Sanjaya is toast, I think. Maybe he can leave his hat to bald phil.

February 27, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Poor Sanjaya. And that bald guy looks like a chemo patient.

February 28, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Berry said...

Em, excellent suggestion on the hat donation!

Dale, I knew you were watching too! And now that I see your antannae again, I realize that even these would look better on Shiny Phil than nothing at all.

February 28, 2007 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home