Wednesday, April 12, 2006

American Idol - 8

Oh Fox, you crazy bunch of guys, you really had me going there. It took me a while to realize that this was actually a special Bizarro episode of American Idol. That was really something... Paula was the only rational one; Kellie and Bucky were probably the top performances; and Queen agreed to participate on your show. What a hoot! I nearly fell for it...

My take:

BUCKY: Okay, so the guy has zero rhythm, but he comes alive and does a good job with Fat Bottomed Girls. His voice is good, he seems relaxed, he's looking less swampy, he's tanned, his teeth are whitened, and....... oh no, he's talking now. Dammit. Someone has to tell him to quit while he's ahead.

ACE: LOL He's trying to instruct Queen on how he wants the song rearranged. Is he out of his mind?? LOL He wants to change We Will Rock You??? O.... m..... LOL.... g..... This is funnier than I could ever have hoped for! The band is flat-out refusing. (Ace: "And then I thought if we gave the drums a military sound".... Queen: "No.".... Ace: "Or maybe if I just did a little more this with the rhythm".... Queen: "God no."..... Ace: "Um... or maybe..."...... Queen: "I will NOT do this to one of my songs.") Ace is performing now, and I'm in full-out belly laughs as I watch Simon with his head down, covered by his hand. He can't bear to watch! Ryan asks Ace a question about how awkward it must have been to watch that video clip of him and Queen, and Ace responds with a completely unrelated answer. This is classic! I wish I had taped it.

KELLIE with an "ie": Okay, this is the first time that I can actually appreciate the quality of her voice. This girl can really sing. I'm not digging the Munster show, though. And what's with the hooker boots? She messed up at the end, but I have to say it was pretty good overall. And like Bucky, she throws it all away by speaking at the end. She actually just blamed her stupidity on Simon's accent.

CHRIS: (gasp!!)... is that.... EYELINER?????!!!! Wait.... mascara too??? No. Maybe not mascara. The song's a yawner, but Chris is good. I just really can't get past the eyeliner. Please don't do that again, Chris.

KATHARINE: Stop screaming at me, please. There you go... just sing.... no, wait, you're screaming at me again.

ELLIOTT: Why oh why don't the judges adore this guy?? His performance is spellbinding! Bravo!! Bravo!! He's really put a lot of energy and emotion into this performance, and it's working.

TAYLOR: He's baaaaaaaaack!!! The minute this guy starts to perform, my face breaks into an involuntary smile. It's a reflex. He's just so damn entertaining. Oh! I'm LOVING the stairs thingie! LOL I can't keep my eyes off of him when he's on stage, because you just want to see what he'll do next. He belongs on a stage, this guy.

PARIS: Not sure how I feel about this performance. I want to say it's overdone, but at the same time I want to give her props for getting right into the song and the role. Simon says it was "weird", and I guess it really is. It's hard to define.

Oh, and did anyone catch those few glimpses of Mandisa when they were working with Queen? I guess it was taped before she was voted off. I wonder what song she would have done? Maybe We are the Champions? Or You're My Best Friend?

For the first time, I am truly not sure who's going home tomorrow. Maybe Ace? I'm hoping, hoping, hoping this is it for silly themes. And would someone please give Paula her pills back? Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

First off I LOVE me some Queen and I was so freaking excited, WHAT AN F'ing Dissapointment. ~sigh~ I guess no one can do Queen.

Bucky- ehh it was good.

Ace- Okay now his performance was WEIRD, he tried to R & B a Queen song!! What a loser.

Kellie- Please make her go already. She did okay. I loather her though...

Chris- YAWN! The song. His performance was good though. It was aight...

Katharine- Nope didn't like it.

Elliot- Yep I thought it was pretty good considering everyone else's performance, plus I love Elliots voice.

Taylor- I like Taylor really I do but I'm so tired of that song. So yeah it was good but I think maybe after watching everyone else I was just tired and wishing Queen would do Queen so I didn't have to suffer anymore.

Paris- I agree with Simon it was weird but I think I like it, maybe. I'm confused.

Over all a BIG FAT dissapointment. I have no idea who's going home. Ace probably.

April 12, 2006 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home