Tuesday, April 04, 2006

American Idol - 9

Yay! Paula's high! That should make "Country music" night a bit more bearable.

So that's what Kenny Rogers looks like these days, eh? I would NEVER have recognized him.

Okay... my take:

TAYLOR: Too funny. He seems to have chosen a fast song so that it would be over quickly. I feel for you, hon. Really I do. It's over now. You're gonna be okay.

MANDISA: Ouch. Make it stop. It's not you, girl. It's the song. It's the genre. Holy crap, we're only 2 contestants in, and I don't think I'm gonna make it to the end.

ELLIOTT: Hey! Elliott's looking pretty good! Let's see... the hair's growing out nicely; the facial hair looks better this way; he's got a tan; brows have been shaped. Yep. Way better now. Wow... his performance is so bland, I've spent the entire time analyzing his looks (sorry, E.!). I'm not sure what's lacking here... emotion, maybe?

PARIS: Great song, but she started out pretty shaky. She's having trouble with the lower notes, which is weird, 'cuz this is where she usually shines. She's looking good, though. Kinda normal tonight, but she's not looking terribly inspired. Hell, none of them are. Poor dears.

ACE: Whoa. Such kind words from Kenny. I think Kenny's crushin' on Ace. Eeeeasy, big fella. Oh brother, he's singing now. I'm really, really, really sick of the puppyish jack-in-the-box surprise look on his face when he sings. And I hate the MJ voice. Ugh, that falsetto (now HERE's a guy who could use some artificial testicles!). But he's actually doing okay. Damn him for doing well tonight!!! (sigh) Now we'll never get rid of him!!

KELLIE with an "ie": Omg! LOL I can't stop laughing! Who WRITES these songs?? LOL This is what I'd write if I was deliberately trying to make fun of country music! LOL I'm digging the dancing eyebrows, though. A very entertaining touch.

CHRIS: Wow. I'm liking this. I don't know the original, so maybe that makes a difference. But I like "Mellow Chris". I wasn't sure he'd pull it off.

KATHARINE: Oh for crying out loud, girl... STOP WITH THE CHEESY SAUNTERING ALREADY! Her voice is good, though. Real good. Hey... she just totally dominated Simon during his critique, and he happily submitted to her. I don't even think he's aware of what just happened. He gets a little goofy around her, in a horny old-man sort of way.

BUCKY: Um.... isn't this a rock song? Or did Vertical Horizon cover a country song when they recorded this?? You know, he's not half-bad. And this is the most emotion I've ever seen him express during a performance.

I can't believe I'm ending this on a positive note for Bucky, of all people. I'm just glad Country night is over with. Now I MUST go listen to some other music, lest I catch myself tapping my toes tomorrow morning and humming "Country Roads" over breakfast, or something equally disturbing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Okay I just watched it (love tivo) and I preeetyyy much agree with you. You have to remember I grew up white trash so that means PLENTY of country. Even though I don't listen to it now, I do know the music and I actually god forbid like it.

Taylor. I, as lame as it sounds, feel a little betrayed by his performance. I mean sure you don't have to like the genre but you better do your best. If it's all about having "love" for MUSIC, than you should have found a way to make it better. Taylor's performance was perfunctory at best, terrible at worst.

Mandisa, MAKE it stop. ~shudder~

Elliot. Okay here's the thing for me, he is SUPPOSED to sing country and he did. He took out the stevie wonder-ness that is him and he made it sounds country. i like that. I LOVE the song, because it's Garth Brooke's and my mom worshiped him, so needless to say a lot of my memories growing up has his voice in it.

Paris. Yeah it's okay I guess. I kept hearing Celine Dion.

Ace, I didn't wanna like it. He's cheesy and I DISLIKE THAT but the song and his voice, heaven forbid, was good. I have to go vomit now...

Kellie. Okay so I'm going to disagree with you hear but ONLY on the part about the song. If you have EVER heard the song and listen to the lyrics it's sad, desperate, and heart breaking. If you ever grow up on the wrong side of the tracks with more of a "mobile" home mentality, then you know stuff like that happens, or did. I wont say you should read the lyrics first but, depending on life you either like it or not. Reba did better, Kellie SUCKED!

Katherine. I'm so sick of the whole "performance" shtick she does. She can't perform and I'm BORED.

Liked Chris's song choice and he sounded good.

Bucky, oh hell I didn't see it coming AT ALL. I was confused and then oh no, I liked it. I can NOT believe I liked it.

Gary Allen is the original singer of this song and if you listen to him sing it, you'll like his version too. He's kind of alternative, country I guess. It's a good song that I NEVER heard of before. I googled it though and Love it. He actually dresses like Chris Daughtry.

April 05, 2006 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home