Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'd rather swallow worms

I spent yesterday in denial. Sure, I experienced fireball shooting pain every time I forgot to NOT chew using my right side... but maybe it would just go away on its own.

I'm now into my 36th hour of excruciating, please-roll-over-me-with-a-steam-roller type of pain, thanks to what I suspect may be a cracked filling.

It happens to involve a tooth that has been marked for "inevitable root canal" for the past 5 years. Somehow, every year during my check-up, I get away with another grace period, and my dentist says I'm still good to go.

But now, I think it's time for my marked tooth to get whacked.

I'm going in this afternoon to get an X-ray and hear the verdict. Whatever they end up doing, I hope it at least involves ending this pain. And a free toothbrush. I'd better be getting a free toothbrush.

5 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

I think that one of my teeth is turning transparent. Wish I had healthcare.

June 28, 2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

It's official... I'm headed for a root canal.

IN SEPTEMBER!!!! Can't get anything before this, but I'm on a waiting list for cancellations in July. Never, ever, in my entire life have I ever imagined myself actually hoping to have root canal sooner. But the pain... oy, the pain!

And I didn't even get a free toothbrush.

Anyway, I have a busy day ahead... need to plan a heist to pay for this lovely procedure.

June 28, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

That sucks. Big.

June 28, 2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Oh you poor thing! Better have some GOOD drugs. I have to get my teeth um fixed but I'm a scaredy cat. Plus I hate the whole way they make you feel bad about NOT flossing. Punks.

(I do actually, occasionally floss but that's a whole other story)

June 28, 2006 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I somehow got two free toothbrushes at my checkup the other day. Should I send you one? I'd send two if it would help at all...

June 29, 2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home