Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm not your real mom

I have most of my family and friends on some form of speed dial. Its's very rare that I actually have to dial their numbers.

On occasion, when manually dialing my mom's full number, I've messed up one digit. The same digit each time. The prefix is 843, and I sometimes dial 834 instead.

This has happened a few times, resulting in a woman answering the phone and sounding EXACTLY like my mom. After hearing "hello?", I respond with "hey... it's me..." and immediately begin yapping.

I have carried out entire conversations with this woman. It's only when I get a weird answer from her that I suddenly realize this is not my mom, and quickly verify her identity. She always seems to already have realized that I had the wrong number, and yet patiently waited for me to figure it out.

Wtf???

I'm a little embarrassed about some of the things I have revealed to her. Does that make her my other mommy? Should I have called her on Mothers' Day??

I feel like such a bad daughter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

LOL next time you should ask her what her address is, that'll make her happy. Maybe mention how'd you like to stop by for coffee or hugging or whatever...

June 22, 2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Um....

(I've had a few after dinner drinks and me typing isn't so good. Shhhhshhh don't tell.)

June 22, 2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger matt said...

Clearly, you are faced with a difficult choice.

June 22, 2006 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 22, 2006 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haahaaaaagackhacoughhahaa
coughahhahahahahahahahhahaahaa


that's good stuff

June 22, 2006 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home