Friday, April 06, 2007

Delayed gratification

What's worse than waiting almost a year to finally see Little Miss Sunshine?

I'll tell you...

How about missing it in the theatres, then missing it in the video stores when it first came out (because it was ALWAYS rented), then finally snagging a copy, then gathering lots of yummy food and sitting down to watch it, then clicking play, then really really really really really enjoying it, then getting nervous near the end when the dvd starts to act up, then MISSING THE END OF THE MOVIE because the last fucking person to rent the dvd got their slimey, grubby, snotty fingers all over it and messed it UP!!!!

So yeah... that's what's worse than waiting almost a year. Now I will have waited almost a year plus one day, because I'm gonna have to whine to the teenage video store manager about the fucked up dvd and get another copy for free to watch tonight.

Have you seen it? It's so damn good. I hear the ending's pretty awesome too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo..I haven't seen it. I've been too nervous to rent it. I was waiting for it to show up on those dvd boxes where you can rent movies for a dollar and get a massage by a midget.

I'm sooo cheap.

April 06, 2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

It was a really decent movie which shocked the hell out of me. Hope you got your 'happy ending'.

April 15, 2007 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know whats right there with that... Reading a Mystery novel and having chapter 21 repeat itself instead of the final chapter 22! Wasted a WHOLE weekend on THAT one!!! I took the book back to Barnes and Nobles and showed them the book and they said to go and get another one-I opted to just get a Mocha from the Starbucks, cozy up in one of their chairs and sat there and READ chapter 22!!!
Monica (from debateII board ;>)
Oh and BTW I was actually dissapointed with Lil Missy! my dd LOVED it and I was like HUH? NOT as bad as the movie SIDEWAYS. Boy was that a waste of EVERYTHING!IMO

April 16, 2007 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home