Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer school

So far, during this rainy, cold, miserable excuse for a summer, I've learned several things that I'm sure will serve me later in life.

Or not.

But still, I'm picking up knowledge about the world around me, and more importantly... about myself. In my usual manner, I am here to share my findings with you, so that you too may benefit at some point during your own life.

Or not.

1. You may remember some of the
important lessons I've picked up on the golf course regarding golf course-y wildlife. Well, I recently came across another little gem. The following is not just an "old, graying gopher" afterall. Noooooooo... it sure isn't. Have a look for yourself:



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yes, it's a fucking porcupine alright. Did you know that porcupines have these porcupicky thingies all over their bodies designed to enter your body and cause much pain if Mr. Porcupicky gets a little spooked? Yes, of course you do. But just in case you didn't, have a good look at this image, and remember it well. If you're carrying a golf club when you run into one, don't wave it around and make loud noises, mmmkay? Just sayin'...

2. I caught something on TV the other day that resulted in my learning something quite shocking about myself. While channel surfing, (I swear) I accidentally landed on the new Victoria Beckham reality show, Coming to America. I (accidentally) watched the whole thing, and finally had to admit: I like her. She's fabulous! She drives me up the wall, but I could totally hang out with her. She comes across as an incredibly good sport, and I think that's pretty cool.

3. Step-Son arrived on Monday for his 7-week stay. I've discovered something terribly significant so far: 11-going-on-12-year-old boys are not much into hanging out with 40-year-old chicks. No sirree. It may be a long 7 weeks, unless I can get creative. Really creative. And fast.

The sunny, warm weather normally associated with summer FINALLY arrived two days ago following a month-long crap-fest. Hopefully, that means some summery adventures are just around the corner. Woo-hoo!


3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Sears said...

Did you actually get porcupined? I thought that only happens in cartoons.

July 24, 2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

I'm kind of sorry I missed that Posh Spice show ...

July 25, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I saw part of the Posh show and she was pretty funny.

July 29, 2007 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home