Friday, June 08, 2007

The Pivoting Stage

After brushing my teeth or washing my face, I used to blindly reach directly to my left for the hand towel. It was reliably there, every time. If I accidentally knocked it off the rack while reaching with my eyes closed, I'd simply reach back-and-left for my bath towel on the back of the door. I could do this in my sleep, which in fact was often the case first thing in the morning.

Now, it's all backwards. My new hand towel rack is to my right, and my "Plan B" bath towel is 180 degrees behind me, and a few steps away.

Every day for the past week, after using the bathroom sink, I've reached to the left, only to wave my hand in mid-air. My automatic reaction is to then reach back-and-left... more air. I'm forced to keep pivoting to my left until I eventually locate the hand towel.

Ever spin around in a circle with your eyes closed in unfamiliar surroundings first thing in the morning?

Yeah. Exactly. Keep the bandaids close, is all I have to say.

p.s. - The same is true for the kitchen, especially when there are two of you in there, pivoting out of control. Keep the icepacks close too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Wow. Please follow this link. We are all your friends here, we just want to see you get better...

June 09, 2007 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home