Wednesday, April 26, 2006

American Idol - 6

The evening begins with 4 very pertinent observations: Ryan has FINALLY found his missing razor; David Foster's an arrogant jerk; Andrea Bocelli's a doll; and much to my delight, we have a drunk Paula (apparently with a side of emotional PMS to boot).

No-one blew me away tonight, but I was mildly entertained. My take:

KATHARINE: In response to Paula's boobage show-offage from last week, Katharine has done a squeeze-and-perk to her own cleavage, and the challenge is on once again. She has a lovely voice, but I just can't take the theatrics. Her facial expressions are insincere, and also confusing... she's passionate and angry one second; smiling and demure the next. Please do pick an emotion and stick to it, sweetie. The judges are harsh on her, which surprises me. Are they doing the reverse psychology bit on the TV viewers, hoping to elicit tons of sympathy votes for their favourite gal?

ELLIOTT: Oh, Elliott. I just love ya, baby! You deserve great, great things. (Oh God.... Paula's crying. Get it together, hon). Is it me, or is he downright handsome tonight?

KELLIE with an "ie": Uh, yeah... I see she dressed up for tonight's event... faded black jeans and tight tank top 'n all. As usual, she starts off pretty good and then nose-dives into suckiness. Maybe her stupidity gets in the way halfway through her performance, and she just forgets what she's doing up there? If Paris wasn't there to get the boot this week, Kellie would be the one to go.

PARIS: You know, this doesn't remind me of Barbra Streisand's version at all. It sounds more like the Gladys Knight live version, only nowhere NEAR as good. Aw man, I'm disappointed. I was expecting more "wow" from her, especially with this song... so much potential here! Instead, I find myself grimacing at the over-emoting. Okay, we're nearing the end now, and..... Omfg WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???!!!! Holy crap, that final note just SCARED me! It's supposed to be very sofffft.... winding down...... it looked like she was heading that way, but then she ambushed us with a screech. Dang, girl. A little warning next time, k?

TAYLOR: Yep. David Foster, despite his penchant for jerkness, has hit the nail on the head with his comment: Taylor has the most charisma out of all of the contestants. Hands down. (Sorry Kellie... ditziness doesn't count for charisma). Once again, the performance is a bit dull, and the song comes to life only near the end when Taylor breaks out and allows himself to be "Taylor". Ya can't chain this guy down... he needs to move around and let loose; get wild; get lost in the song. Hmmm... Simon's trying to finish his mostly negative comment on a good note, but Paula has turned aggressive and taken over. She's standing up and waving her arms. Shut up, Paula... he was about to say something nice, and Taylor could use it.

CHRIS: This guy is by far the smartest one of the bunch. Out of all the potential sappy love songs on the roster, he picks the most romantic one, originally sung by a guy whose voice isn't that good anyway. He then brings out the flamenco guitarists. He sings about what a woman really wants to hear. Women at home and in the live audience are involuntarily swaying from side to side with the music. I can't even tell you how well he may or may not be singing, because the song, the guitars, the lighting, Chris' looks... that's all I'm into right now. (Distracting side note: Oh man... Paula is SO high!!!!)

Out of tonight's performances, Elliott wins hands down. Kellie should leave, but it'll probably be Paris. I wouldn't be surprised if Katharine was in the bottom 3.

2 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Elliot wins HANDS DOWN! I mean he was fantastic. I want to run Kellie over with a truck several times and it STILL wouldn't be enough. I can only hope she leaves.

It'll be Paris though... `sigh~

By the way Chris did a good job but NOT great. The song is one of my favoritist.

Guess we will see tonight.

April 26, 2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Yeah Kellie got canned. WOOOP!

April 27, 2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home