Wednesday, April 19, 2006

American Idol - 7

I do apologize.... I don't have much to offer in terms of cynicism and sarcasm, because tonight was really, really good. I LOVE this kind of music, and I thought Rod Stewart injected some much needed energy and humor into the evening.

The only thing remotely amusing about the usual stuff (compliments of Paula, of course), was her decision to spill her ample boobage out of her dress and continually lean forward when the camera was on her. I'm thinking she's either wanting to show Katharine that she's still the queen bee around here, or she promised her boyfriend she'd do something "special" for him on camera.

Anyway... my take:

CHRIS: I did NOT know our boy was capable of this. What a pleasant voice! A very, very smart move on his part... showing us he's not a one-trick poney. He's totally capable of winning this.

PARIS: Yep. This is her niche. I am entranced. She needs to leave the show asap and start working on this type of album. I'm ready to by it today.

TAYLOR: No, Taylor... YOU send me, dahling! Taylor seems to be a fan of repetitive lyrics, but he's doing a Taylor job (that's my new term for "awesome"). I loved the ending... totally infused with Tayloricity! (That's my other new word).

ELLIOTT: I just love to listen to him, and I'm a huge fan of his humility, but I'm afraid he doesn't have much stage presence. He also needs to tie that right hand behind his back and stop doing the boy-band R&B hand motion. (There you go... Simon just said exactly what I said about his stage presence.)

KELLIE with an "ie": She started great, but she's fading fast. Simon's head is down... that can't be a good sign. Okay, she's admitting that she did a rotten job (very smart of her). Wow... she may have just sweet-talked the audience into forgiving her. Another smart move. I am now shocked and amazed... that I've used the word "smart" twice in a Kellie-related post.

ACE: Oh brother, he R&B'd a classic. He should be slapped. Omg he's sucking. I hope he's having the time of his life up there, because he's gone tomorrow. Simon's comments are positive, but I don't think Ace understands that Simon's being nice to him simply because he knows it's Ace's last night. Someone should tell the boy.

KATHARINE: This is one of my fav songs. Yikes, she sure does better with the high notes... not so much the low notes. Hmmmm, this feels insincere. She's smiling too much, I think. The woman in this song is lonely; pining for love... but Katharine's too busy sucking up to the camera to convey that. Wait... wtf did Simon just say??? WHAT??? She's leagues beyond the other contestants??? Wow... the power of suggestion, I suppose. The producers are clearly pushing for her. I guess she's just more marketable than the others.

Tonight was refreshing after the disastrous few weeks of crappy music selections and performances. Ace should go home tomorrow, but I fear that Elliott might also be on the chopping block.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Thank freaking god they were good. I mean the last few weeks have been terrible and this week I wasn't excited but they did fantastic!!!

Oh and who knew Rod Stewart was so cool? LOL. Did you see his face when Kellie said, "thanks you took a load of my chest." To F'ing funny.

Chris- Great job. Who knew. Simon was right and I'm glad Chris did that song.

Paris- This was the reason why I loved her in the beginning. She has a fantastic voice for this music. I mean really really great. I'd be all over this CD.

Taylor- My baby is BACK! Yeah for Taylor.

Elliot- has a great voice and not much presence your right. But I did like it and even sang along. (I sing as well as Kellie, so it wasn't pretty)

Kellie- Smart bitch. God I loathe her and her stupidity that is STAGED. She sure knows how to manipulate. She did awful.

Ace- Boring. Bad. Blah

Katharine- She is getting on my nerves. She's so smiling and bouncy and just no depth or sincerity. She did a good job but I was bored. Not sure why. She has a great voice though.


I had a great time watching this show. I think Kellie, Ace, and Elliot will be in the bottom 3 and Ace will go but only cause Kellie is a manipulative BLEEP. Kellie SHOULD go though.

April 19, 2006 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home