Sunday, May 28, 2006

You'd think the 2nd Coming had arrived...

Last night I was drawn to the dramatic "BREAKING NEWS!!" headlines, expecting to read about something very important and, you know... relevant. It turns out that the urgent announcement was about Angelina Jolie poppin' out a kid.

Of course, the details remain cloaked in mystery. But we do have a name for the little princess: Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. Awwwww...

(I really do think it's absolutely adorable that they've chosen to use a French word as her middle name, but "nouvel" refers to something new and masculine. "Nouvelle" refers to something feminine. I'm just sayin'....)

Anyway, I can't wait for this little one to grow up and create world peace. That is what she was bred for, right?

Seriously, I'm not anti-kid nor anti-save-the-world-from-poverty, but I am anti make-me-think-something-important-is-happening-when-it's-just-a-Hollywood-star-having-a-kid-in-Africa.

And anyway, Rob Lowe's brother and the Million Dollar what's-her-name have now officially filed for divorce. I'm afraid the joyous moment of the 2nd Coming is overshadowed by this very sad and unfortunate news.

Excuse me. I need a moment to myself now... this is all just so, like, overwhelming.

3 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

I was watching TV with my roommates a couple of years ago when there was an urgent news break. Harrison Ford... We all thought 'O my God, did he die?' Nope. Harrison Ford... had gotten a divorce.

Gotta stop watching E!.

May 28, 2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's sort of sad that a sentence that should end in an exclamation point (such as the one above) doesn't because of the name of the channel.

Now I'm'a go back to reading grammar books for fun. Sorry to disturb everyone.

May 30, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger anne altman said...

I hate the teasers they show you before the news to ensure that you watch their news. One time my mom and I were watching tv, and we got a "Jews Around the World Celebrate Hanukkah. Details at 11."

we didn't wait around 'til 11.

May 30, 2006 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home