Wednesday, May 10, 2006

American Idol - 4

Tonight is Elvis night, and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm eager to see if this bunch can sing something... ANYTHING... that is more current. I've had it with the oldies already.

The show kicks off with the contestants travelling to Graceland. A wax figure of Priscilla Presley greets them at... oh wait,..... no.... I see now.... that's the real Priscilla Presley. Holy crap, what the hell has she done to her face?? And why didn't she just ask the surgeons to go ahead and do her neck, too? She can barely move her lips, they're so swollen and grotesque. I'm scared, and I need to close my eyes until this bit is over.

Okay, on with the show. My take:

TAYLOR: Song #1: Lots of energy... good, good. I hate the suit. He's being his usual fun-loving weird self. During the critique, Simon loudly tells Paula to "Shut up" when she won't stop interrupting him. Sadly, I am more entertained by this than by Taylor's performance. Song #2: Definitely his style of music! Love it. This is his best, I think. Woooweee... I didn't know our boy was capable of such a high note. Yes... this is good.

CHRIS: Song #1: He gets Tommy Mottola's endorsement right off the bat. Chris' stage get-up is making him look like Vin Deisel. I'm liking this performance, but I'm not digging that cheesy move he makes when he removes the shades. Song #2: Wow... Chris sings a deeper key! It's working, it really is! You know, I wish he'd do something different with the mic. His stage stance is starting to look old. Yikes... I did NOT like that primal scream at the end.

ELLIOTT: Song #1: During his rehearsal video clip, Elliott looks like he probably hung out the car window like a pooch during the ride over to Graceland. Wtf is up with that hair???!!! Wow... awesome vocals! Possibly the best he's ever done! (Even Paula agrees). Song #2: No, I was wrong. This is possibly the best he's ever done. Amazing! His face is not matching the lyrics, though. He looks way too innocent and harmless to be singing about how much "Trouble" he is; how "evil" he is. It's almost like watching Chicken Little attempt "Bad to the Bone". I have to look away in order to believe the lyrics.

KATHARINE: Song #1: You know, her voice is really quite good when she sings an upbeat song. Damn, I hate that stripper strut of hers. It doesn't work AT ALL. Her performance looks, I dunno... messy. Her flying hair is bothering me... she looks like she's been in a bar brawl or something. Song #2: Okay, one thing I've never liked is that country "whining" sound some singers make. She's doing it way too much here. Stop it!!!!! No, no, no... this song isn't working at all. I don't like this weird arrangement, either. It should be a tender song. Eeek, she's ended it on a really sour note, too. Yep... she's going home, and it looks like she knows it.

My favorite tonight was Taylor's second song (In the Ghetto). Next week had better be more modern songs!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

I agree WITH EVERYTHING!

Taylors first song was okay, suit was awful but the second was FANTASTICAL!

Chris. I HATED his first performance. Not the voice but the whole glasses thing was obnoxious and LAME. I didn't like the second one actually. First half was boring and the last two notes were TERRIBLE. If you have to listen to that song again, try Paul Okenfield's version.

Elliot. He kicked some ASS! I loved both of his performances and while he is a little to nice looking, it worked-ish. I think of him more as Stuart Little, cause he does kinda look like a rat.

Katharine. Please send this "bouncy" bleep home. Both of her songs were boring and she forgot her lyrics. I can't stand her performances at ALL. All she does is walk/strut and bounce.

Over all Elliot did the best but Taylor's performance of "In the Ghetto" was amazing.

I think me and you are on the same AI page. :0) Oh and Simon was so on his game last night.

May 10, 2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Yep. I think jaws all over the viewing world were hanging on the floor last night. He looked so stunned, too! He's got a way better career ahead of him without the A.I. contract, though.

May 11, 2006 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home