Friday, July 07, 2006

The Final Countdown

I haven't been posting because the only thing I've been able to think about recently is my imminent root canal.

My guess is nobody else is quite as obsessed with the thought, so it'd probably be a good idea for me to just shut up about it already.

5-1/2 hours to go until my appointment. Then after today, there'll be one more treatment, probably next week.

And then I promise to be more focused on blogging about non-teeth related things.

For example, here's a preview...

I turn 40 on Labour Day. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) How the fuck that happened, I don't know. But I'm sure that for the rest of this summer, I'll be thinking about it.... and I'll be doing things and thinking "this is the last time I do this in my 30's".

Like root canal, for example.... I'll be thinking, "this is the last time I have root canal in my 30's".

Okay. I've managed to burn 10 minutes while posting this. That means I have time for 3 more anxiety attacks before my appointment, and then I should be okay.

Fucking root canal.

2 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

berry, let me tell you something:

i am SO sorry you have to go through this thing. the idea of a root canal sends me almost through the ceiling. how a dentist works on an exposed nerve is beyond me.

ARRRRRRGGGHGHGHHGHHHH

it's about pain management. i'd tell the dentist to knock me the fuck out.

July 07, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Corey, annoying my neighbours south of the border by colouring my sentences with the correct (and original) spelling for stuff is one of my favourite things to do.

(Did you like that? ... how I incorporated all those pertinent words in a sentence? Someone give me a gold star, please. Thank you.)

July 08, 2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home