Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Duty calls

Main Man and I are on our way shortly to Bloomington, IN on business until Monday.

I've been to Bloomington several times, but always during the summer months. This will be my first trip there during school season, when there are bound to be swarms of college kids everywhere.

The thing about college kids is that during these first few weeks of school, they are on full-tilt party mode. This is the "weeding" time... by next January, only the kids relatively serious about their studies will still be around. The others will either have died of alcohol poisoning, run out of money (i.e., daddy cut off the credit card), or contracted an STD that scared them home.

I'm familiar with the cycle. I too live in a college town. And I hate the full-tilt party mode.

Still, I do like Bloomington. I especially like the restaurants. I have never, ever had a bad meal in Bloomington.

I'm looking forward to my trip, and sincerely hope I don't step in any puke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home