Tuesday, April 17, 2007

American Idol - 7 bottles of beer on the wall

Country nite. Oh boy. That's always a tough one for me. The finger is never far from the mute button, know what I mean? ... in case someone sings bluegrass, or hands Kellie Pickler a mic again.

The evening went a little something like this:

Phil: He's so very much at ease tonight. Not sure if it's because he's comfortable with this genre, or if it's because he's convinced tonight's his final performance and he just isn't worried anymore. This is really suiting him. The judges are loving him, and I'm glad he's having a good night tonight.

Jordin: For a kid, she's singing this with lots of authentic feeling and maturity. Very impressive. I don't know the original, but I'm guessing she's nailing this. Great final note!

Sideshow Bob: Dear god, the kid has zero stage presence. He must know he's an international joke, right? Seriously. It's starting to break my heart. Oh look... Ryan's rushing in to shield him from Simon's comments. I hear Sanjaya was booed at a recent ball game while his face was splattered on the big screen. That's gotta hurt. He's either extremely naive, or has the skin of a rhino.

Lakisha: Enh.... this isn't really suiting her voice. She should've done Dolly Parton's (and then later Whitney's) "I Will Always Love You". She'd have killed at that. With what I'm hearing here, I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the bottom 3 tomorrow... while Sanjaya sits safely on the bench, of course.

Chris: Well, he's sure got that country whine down pat. I think he might be pulling it off, though. I can't really tell, because I don't usually connect with this type of music, and my fingers are in my ears.

Melinda: Wow! She looks under 30 tonight! Goodness, is there NOTHING this woman can't sing?? Hey, this is fun! I am entertained.

Blake: I really like this guy, and I hope he ends up in the final. He and Melinda are the most professional and skilled performers up there.


Well there you go. I made it through another Country night. I must admit that this season was less painful than other seasons past. I think it's also the first season there isn't a specifically pegged "Country singer" in the group, for which I am grateful.

I honestly have no clue who will likely go tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

By now you know. I don't mind the country theme but some of these poor kids were horrible. I loved Jordin, Melinda and thought Chemo guy was good too.

April 18, 2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home