Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It wasn't that good anyway...

My sister is a single mom to three kids, and she manages to run a household and hold a demanding full-time job.

Given this, I shouldn't have been surprised at the response I got when trying to tell her a new Knock-Knock joke I'd just heard:

Me: Oh hey... I've got a joke for you. Knock-knock...

Sis: (picking stuff up off the floor and moving at 90mph) Come in!

Me: (laughing my ass off).... Okay, let's try it again. Knock-knock...

Sis: (wiping something gooey off the table, and giggling at her first mistake) Come in!

Me: (not laughing so hard this time).... Seriously. You know how this works, right?

Sis: (busy with something else; clearly having lost interest in the joke) Yeah, uh-hunh....... What were you saying?

I'm not sure what I should be most concerned about: The fact that she has no time to think; or the fact that her knee-jerk response to someone knocking is to say "Come in!", without ever asking who it is...

1 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

I'd go with the yelling out of "come in" without looking to see who it was.

As a mom to three kids and wife to husband who works to much, I have a hard time on the phone too. :0) Of course it's more me yelling at the kids to SHUT UP and give me a moment.

May 03, 2006 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home