Friday, June 02, 2006

I am a nerd

This is just between you and me. If you tell ANYONE, I will kick your ass!

Okay... here it is....






I watched the National Spelling Bee on ABC last night, and I was riveted. I sat on the edge of my seat, I tell you! I was rooting for the Canadian gal who came in 2nd after an intense, 19-word championship showdown between her and the NJ gal who finally won it all.

No, no... you don't understand. I held my breath. I nervously tapped my feet. I had clenched fists and all! And there's more...

I could spell a lot of those words!!!

On a bright note, I did sleep in an air-conditioned room last night, thanks to my new friend, R2-D2 (see post below). So at the very least... I am a cool nerd.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dreamlover said...

We are both nerds, I watched it as well!!

haha

June 02, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

alright, alright== i have a black heart, and I hate people, but I will admit to totally grinding my teeth and wringing my hands for the winner while catching by accident the last 6 minutes of the show.

get a grip on yourselves and don't encourage those stage parents! Isn't violin enough? Goddammnit!

June 02, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Bobealia... said...

I don't have tv.
But, I don't understand, why were and American and a Canadian competing in a national spelling bee? What nation?

June 04, 2006 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm telling!! I'm telling everyone that you crack me right the heck up - you're the best.

I watched part of the bee too until my hubby said, time for bed and off I went.

R2-D2 haaahaaahhaaaa!!!

June 05, 2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Berry said...

Bobealia, I'm not entirely sure. But we Canadians are sneaky like that. At least when it comes to spelling bees and baseball.

June 05, 2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

I caught the end of that, too, and totally was hoping the girl that came in 2nd would win. It was a personality thing.

June 12, 2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home