Monday, July 17, 2006

It's getting hot in here...

I am a northern gal. I am built for a northern climate. You know... a colder, heartier climate.

Not this crap. Not this 104 degrees with 489% humidity crap.

Granted, I did live in the Caribbean for 13 years and survived just fine. But that's because I was drunk for most of those years and frolicking in the sea. Naked.

I'm not drunk anymore, and I'm hundreds of miles from the sea.

What I am, is hot. And sticky.

I would like for the world to go back to normal now. Back to the days when living in Canada meant never feeling hot and sticky. Or at least not for more than a single 4-day heatwave in any given summer.

Fuck it. Maybe I'll just start browsing the Yukon real estate listings. It's 68 degrees with 37% humitidy in Whitehorse this evening.

Mmmmmm..... perfect.

(Tune in again in January, when I will be bitching and moaning about the cold, and how I'll be browsing the south Florida real estate listings. Like a true Canadian...)

1 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

are you telling me it's terrible up there too? north of the northeast kingdom?

is there no safe haven?

July 18, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home