Friday, July 14, 2006

What're YOU looking at?

You know that dream we all have? The one where you're doing something important at school or at work, and you suddenly realize you're naked?

Boy, that's embarrassing. What a horrible feeling.

Last night, I dreamed I was walking into a very upscale office building where I had important business to attend to. When I got through the revolving doors, I realized I was.... you guessed it... naked.

But rather than experience the usual sinking feeling that the whole world is laughing at me, and that my very personal self is exposed for all to see and judge, I actually copped a 'tude about it all.

That's right. I strutted right onto an elevator, and there was a young woman looking very uptight in her business suit and nylons. She gave me a disapproving, judgemental look, and I gave her one back, saying: "What's your problem, bitch?"

And then when I reached another floor, I had to get out and switch elevators (because I needed the elevator for the prime numbered floors, you see..... it was a DREAM, people!).

When I got on the second elevator, there were tinted mirrors on the walls inside. I admired my naked self (tinted mirrors make you look nice and sunkissed, which is why I chose them for my dream, you see).

I said nothing self-deprecating; I had no negative thoughts; I didn't wince or grimace. I actually liked what I saw, and kept on strutting right off the elevator and into this boardroom (where the dream ended).

I don't know what it all means, but I'm going shopping today for tinted mirrors. And if I ever see the building from my dreams, I'm stripping down and marching straight to the elevators, just for kicks.



3 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

that's cool! rock it!

i usually only have dreams about missing planes and getting stabbed to death.

July 14, 2006 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhahahhaa.

that's AWESOME!

we need more details on the building. as a collective...we can help locate said building and assist you in this endeavor. a dare if you will.


tee hee.

July 14, 2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOVED that dream. I've had naked dreams too but most involved laughing or donkey's so it's not the same.


I would love to have NO negative thoughts but 3 kids have assured me that will never happen.

Uhhh where's the plastic surgeon fairy anyway?

July 15, 2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home