Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Too cool for scrambled brains

So I noticed during my trip that bikers in Indiana aren't required to wear a helmet.

I don't get that. I really, really don't. I mean, I don't get how someone riding a motorcycle would not want to wear protective gear.

I'm not a bike enthusiast by any means. I prefer not to be perched pricariously on a vinyl cushion while barrelling down a concrete surface at 65 mph. Nothing to strap me down, nothing between my face and the road when my tire hits a pebble at the wrong angle and sends me into a swandive, hopefully not towards an oncoming semi.

Seriously. What's so cool about not wearing a helmet? Most of the guys I saw riding had three or four grey hairs left on their shiny little sunburned heads, so there goes the "wind in your hair" excuse. Plus, the "bugs in your teeth" thing probably overrules the "wind in your hair", no?

Anyway, to each his own. I get the rebel thing. I was one myself yesterday. Between you and me, I unfastened my seatbelt during my flight back, even though the little seatbelt sign was still lit. True story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home