Friday, October 06, 2006

The winter, she's a-comin'

Yesterday, I did the unthinkable: I brought my golf clubs home.

I know, I know. Shocking.

I'm fully aware that there are still a couple of weeks of good golfing weather up here. And the club isn't asking us to empty our lockers until the end of the month.

Thing is, I'm... I'm... I might as well just say it already... I'm tired of golf.

I played a short round yesterday afternoon, and my heart wasn't in it. I was going through the motions, but I wasn't feeling it. I've moved on from summer activities.

That, and I played like crap. I mean really badly. And I got grumpy. So I punished my clubs by taking them home and storing them in the basement. In the dark. Next to the tent, and the cooler, and all the other stuff that's been banished to the storage room until Spring.

(sigh) Now I feel a little guilty. And I'm pretty sure that I'll be jonesing to get out there a couple more times this Fall. Especially over the next week, when they're calling for gorgeous warm weather. But I won't do it. No matter how loudly my clubs whine and call my name.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you stutter.

October 06, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

Yikes! Sorry about the double post! I guess I felt really strongly about it. (I've removed it now, folks... so don't look for it).

October 07, 2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger matt said...

You should play the Tiger Woods PGA game on PlayStation 2. It'll get you very excited about golf. GuaranTeed.

October 09, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Berry said...

Way ahead of you, Matt. Main Man and I spent much of last winter holed up in front of the PS2 console. I was just too embarrassed to mention it.

October 09, 2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home