Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So this is what 2007 feels like...

2007 for me is off to a bumpy start, but at least I know it probably won't be a boring year.

I rang in the New Year with a small family party at home... food, games, and more food. I looked really hot that night, but that's because I had a fever. I had really been looking forward to our get-together, and then this snuck up on me, and I didn't really get to enjoy myself.

I spent New Year's Day nursing a sore throat and dry cough. I'm spending today nursing a worse sore throat and dry cough.

At 5am this morning, Main Man and I were rudely awakened by the phone ringing. It was the security company calling to let us know that alarm had gone off at the office and police were on their way. We jumped out of bed, dressed, de-snowed the car, and were down there in 15 minutes. Turned out to be nothing.

So far, the message I'm getting is that I had better be on my toes this year; to expect the unexpected, and then deal with it as best I can.

I'm gonna need some extra peripheral vision, because I'm not a terribly big fan of surprises. Unless they're the fun type, of course.

And some toe shoes. If I'm gonna need to be standing on my toes, I'd better get some toe shoes.

And some pain reliever. For my throat. And maybe my toes.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home