Wednesday, April 25, 2007

American Idol - the night the world was saved

Oh my, the circus atmosphere is certainly gone now that Sanjaya has left the building. It actually feels like a competition now, and when you couple that with Paula's new-found sanity, along with all the serious videos of starving children.... well, it's hard to make fun of anything Idol these days. And making fun of Idol is what it's really all about, isn't it?

I'm afraid my take is a rather tame one, but here it is anyway:

Chris: This song suits him. And hey... there's an extra spark about him tonight. He's looking very good indeed.

Melinda: I don't know the original, but I suspect she's making Faith Hill sound like a blanketed whimper. And she's looking faboo tonight!

Blake: Perfect. A subtle, understated performance... letting the song take the spotlight. I'm really digging his voice. Oh great... Paula's echoing everything I'm saying so far tonight. See what I mean? This show's just no fun anymore!

Lakisha: Hmmm... I remember the very first time Fantasia sang this in the finale... there was TONS of feeling, emotion, and energy. Lakisha's version comes nowhere close... she's just standing there, kinda fizzling away. I think she's in trouble tomorrow.

Phil: Ugh... a bit too much whining. It's him or Lakisha tomorrow. Oh wait... Simon just did his damnedest to endorse him. That means one of two things: He's suddenly discovered Phil could make him a lot of money singing country, and he's trying to keep him on the show. Or, he knows too well that this is Phil's last night, so he's being extra nice and gentle with him.

Jordin: Is she gonna cry?? She's gonna cry. The song's on the cheesy side, and I swear she just channeled Cher back there. Ouch. That final note was painful. Randy said what????? "Best vocals on this show EVER"????? Wtf? No way!!! Holy crap, they're really pushing for this girl to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home