Wednesday, May 09, 2007

American Idol - the final 4

The Idol theme nights could really use a makeover. I thought that last season proved once and for all that Disco night was painful for everyone involved, but last night someone dusted off Barry Gibb, and I plunked down in my TV chair to watch the whole mess.

MELINDA: Song #1: Why so stationary, Mel? How can you not dance around to disco on stage? Great vocals, but a boring performance. Song #2: THERE she is! She's channeling Gladys Knight again (but her voice seems to have risen a few octaves...?). She looks like she's lost of bit of energy this week. Maybe she's bored with the whole thing too.

BLAKE: Song #1: Oh yikes. Yikes, yikes, yikes. That falsetto... it's just not working for me. You can't compete with the BeeGees in that department. Oh my, this is just getting sillier and sillier by the note. The beatboxing has entered "annoying" territory. And now he's doing the brass solos with his voice. I'm not digging this. Not digging it at all. Song #2: Hey... I just noticed the new skunk line in his hair. I preferred the dark mane, but at this point, I don't think it matters what he does to his hair. I think he's killing himself tonight. It's NEVER a good idea to choose an obscure song. Surely he must have known that by now? He's sucking pretty badly.

Lakisha: Song #1: Hmmm.... she's funked the song up a bit. Sounds okay, I guess. She's afraid to hit those higher notes. Don't blame her. She's dancing around, but her face is showing doubt and discomfort. Maybe it's the shoes. Song #2: Oh dear. I see she brought her boobs out for some air again. Simon really likes that. Whoa. She's nailing this song.

Jordin: Song #1: Yep... pretty awesome performance. That's not easy to do when one is wearing a curtain. Song #2: Holy crap... I guess Barry Gibb highly endorses Jordin! Hmmmm.... she's a little heavy on the whining. And the volume knob as well. It's a mess.

Right. One more week to go. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a looooooooooooong season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

A long and boring season mostly Berry. It's sad when you long for the end.

May 12, 2007 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home