Wednesday, May 02, 2007

American Idol - (still) 6 bottles of beer on the wall

Wait... Am I the only one laughing here? Jon Bon Jovi: "singing coach"?

Pwaaaaaah-ha-ha-ha!!!!! No, seriously. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Stop!!! Heeeeeeee-hee-hee-hee-heeeeeee!!

Okay, okay.... Next week, Roseanne Barr will be "etiquette coach".

Pwaaaaaaaaaaaah-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!!!

Okay, okay. Enough of the silliness. Back to serious business...

PHIL: Blaze of Glory. Poor guy thinks every week is his last week, and he picks his songs according to the message they send, and how they'd sound as the final "goodbye" song when the credits roll on Wednesday. You know, this is yet another cowboy hat opportunity lost. He's a little high-pitch, and a little dramatic. But he's getting praises from the judges, and lots of love from the audience.

JORDIN: Ah yes... I remember exactly where I was when Livin' on a Prayer first hit the Montreal airwaves. I saw Bon Jovi in concert a few months later and jumped up and down with abandon when they performed this song. Fast-forward to 2007, and I still want to jump around when I hear this anthem. No-doubt one of the most memorable songs in rock history. Jordin's really not doing it justice. C'mon, girl. Move around already! Rock it! Jump! Stomp! Christ, the girl is bolted to the stage. Seriously... she should've worn flats instead and taken this tune for a spin. She could've had the entire audience up on their feet.

LAKISHA: Whoa. I mean... whoa. Pretty awesome performance, I must say. Oh look, Simon wants a kiss. He's going on and on about her lips, and his eyes have glazed over. I think she just gave Simon a chubby.

BLAKE: Hmmm.... a new twist to the song. Let's see how this goes. He's keeping the original chorus. Smart, very smart. Don't mess with that. Hey... this is way more entertaining than the usual stuff. I think it's brilliant! And I like the dark hair, too. Yep... I'd say he totally pulled this off. He's quickly becoming my favourite.

CHRIS: Uh-oh. The normally articulate guy is tongue-tied during the intro on stage with Ryan. He must be nervous, which means he must not feel very confident about his upcoming performance. Yikes... this song should be more from the gut, less from the nose. Oh wait... his throat is a little smoky now. Good, good. If he keeps it up, he'll do okay. Nope... he's running out of gas. He looks good rockin' it out, though.

MELINDA: Oh, how cute. She's not sure how to move to this music, but she's sure showing the right attitude!

Two of them are going on Wednesday. Last week, I thought it would be Lakisha. But she'll have generated enough votes this week to get back in the middle of the pack. I have no idea who's in trouble this time... Phil & Chris, perhaps?


2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Loved Blake and Lakisha this week. Melinda was good, but she lacks charisma. I wonder how 70 million votes from last week will affect the overall scores.

May 02, 2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

And then there were four.

May 02, 2007 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home