Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Now... where were we?

Hey, you know what rocks? A new house, that's what!

We moved in a few days ago, following a month-long Stress Fest. Still some unpacking to do, and our new bedroom furniture hasn't arrived yet, so we're sleeping on a mattress on the floor (which is kinda cool, in a "remember the old days?" way). But generally, we're settled in.

I do have a couple of adventures to relay, but little time to do it just yet. Okay, I'll tell you about one. I'm part proud, part guilty. Here's the deal:

You may remember that I bought an awesome a/c unit last summer (R2D2). Well, we've got central a/c in the new house, so I have no need for the unit anymore. I asked the new folks moving into our old place if they wanted it. He asked how much, and I blurted out $500, since I was sure I had paid over $600 just a year before, and it had only been used for a couple of months.

The guy agreed on the spot, and a fabulous sale was made. Later that week, while packing up stuff, I stumbled across the receipt for the unit.... $462.00. So I made a profit. On a used item. I've never done that before. It's kinda cool. And it's also kinda wrong. (But in a cool way, still).

Oh fuck it. Who am I kidding? It's WAY cool!! HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! (But it's wrong. Soooo wrong).

Oh, and one of our movers was drunk. It wasn't funny at the time, and I really wanted to kick him in the teeth and spray some Febreze on his stinkin' self, but now that it's all over and nothing was broken, dropped, or rammed through a wall, I think it's kinda funny afterall. They moved us at 7:30am, and I know he must've wanted to puke by noon. That's payback enough for me.

Step Son arrives in mid-July for 7 weeks, so I'm looking forward to regaling you with his silliness again. He's 11 now... 12 in September. They're still silly at that age, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

congrats, berry! on the new house and bein' a grade A swindler! nice move.

June 07, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Congrats on the new house (and on profiteering!).

June 07, 2007 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home